By entering this Competition and/or accepting any prize, all participants, entrants and winners agree to be bound by the terms and conditions below applicable to this Competition (“Rules”) and the General Promotional Competition Rules (“General Promotional Competition Rules”) applicable to promotional competitions run by LeftRight and/or its agencies (collectively, the “Organisers”) from time to time, which General Promotional Competition Rules shall be read together with these Rules.
Copies of these Rules and the General Promotional Competition Rules are available online at alconsa.co.za (“Website”). Capitalised terms in these Rules (unless otherwise defined) shall bear the meanings given to them in the General Promotional Competition Rules.
You may not participate in this Competition if you do not agree to be bound by the Rules and the General Promotional Competition Rules and if you enter this Competition or participate further in this Competition, doing so will be confirmation that you agree to these Rules and the General Promotional Competition Rules.
In the event of a conflict between these Rules and the General Promotional Competition Rules, these Rules will take precedence to the extent of such conflict.
The Organisers may in their sole discretion amend these Rules at any time, without notice, and such amendment(s) shall be deemed to have taken effect from the date of publication of the revised Rules on the Website. The General Promotional Competition Rules may be amended from time to time in accordance with the terms relating to any amendment/s contained therein.
The Competition will commence on 1 November 2020 (“Commencement Date”) and end on 31 January 2021 or until such time that all 100 vouchers have been awarded, whichever occurs soonest (“Competition Period”). No entries will be permitted after the end of the Competition Period.
In order to be eligible for participation in this Competition, an entrant must:
- Be a follower of Alcon SA Facebook® page
and undertake to abide by these Rules and the General Promotional Competition Rules failing which, the winner shall forfeit the prize on the grounds of ineligibility.
Each entrant represents and warrants that by entering in or participating in this Competition, he/she has full eligibility to do so. The Organisers reserve the right to request proof that entrants have met any or all of these eligibility requirements
The winners may be requested to:
- provide identification to prove that they are the winner;
- be willing to provide the Organisers with their personal information including, but not limited to, full name/s and surname, mobile telephone number and e-mail address; and
- be willing to be identified, photographed and/or filmed (at no fee), and then foregoing to be published in any media of the Organiser’s choice.
Failing which, the winner shall forfeit the prize on the grounds of ineligibility. Each entrant represents and warrants that by entering in or participating in this Competition, he/she has full eligibility to do so. The Organisers reserve the right to request proof that entrants have met any or all of these eligibility requirements.
The Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook®. Facebook® is completely released of all liability by each entrant in the Competition. Entrants will be providing information to the Organisers and not to Facebook®.
- Entry into the Competition
- To enter the Competition and stand a chance of winning the prize set out in paragraph 1 below, eligible entrants will be required to perform one of the following tasks:
- Visit the Alcon website co.za and answer a question correctly; and
- Be a follower of Alcon SA Facebook® page
- Nature of Prize and Prize allocation
- Eligible entrants stand a chance of winning 1 (one) of 100 (one hundred) Fitchef meal vouchers. Each voucher is to the value of R200.00 (two hundred Rand).
- Failure of the winners to redeem their tickets before the expiry date will result in them forfeiting the prize and they will not be entitled to receive a replacement prize.
- Vouchers are redeemed when entering the voucher code when purchasing a meal online on the FitChef South Africa website (fitchef.co.za).
- Winners from the website entries will be selected by a random draw on a monthly basis and contacted within 5 days. Winners from the Facebook® giveaways will be selected weekly by a random draw and contacted within 5 days.
- Following the announcement of the winners of the Prizes, the winners will be contacted either via Facebook® or email to receive their prize.
- Failure of the winner to reply on social media with their relevant contact details within 7 days to claim their prize, will result in them forfeiting the prize and they will not be entitled to receive a replacement prize. Prizes are not transferable for cash and are not refundable.
- The Organisers reserves the right to ask for identification before providing the prize
Without detracting in any way from the provisions contained in the General Promotional Competition Rules and the further provisions contained in these Rules above, the following general provisions shall be applicable to these Rules.
The promoter/s of this Competition are the Organisers. The Organisers will interpret the Rules in their sole discretion and reserve the right to amend the Rules at any time in accordance with the provisions contained in these Rules.
By entering and participating in the Competition, you agree that the Organisers may collect and process your personal information for purposes of this Competition.
The Organisers, their directors, members, partners, employees, agents, consultants, any other person who directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by them or any supplier of goods and services in connection with this Competition and their spouses, life partners, parents, children, siblings, business partners or associates are not eligible to participate in or enter this Competition.
IN THE EVENT OF A DISPUTE, THE DECISION OF THE ORGANISERS WILL BE FINAL AND BINDING AND NO CORRESPONDENCE WILL BE ENTERED INTO. IN THIS REGARD AND FOR FURTHER CLARITY, THE ORGANISERS SHALL BE ENTITLED TO DEAL WITH SUCH DISPUTES (OR ANY FAILURE BY PARTICIPANTS TO FOLLOW THE RULES) IN THEIR SOLE DISCRETION, INCLUDING THAT THE ORGANISERS SHALL BE ENTITLED, IN ADDITION TO ANY OTHER RIGHTS WHICH THE ORGANISERS MAY HAVE IN TERMS OF THESE RULES AND/OR THE GENERAL COMPETITION RULES, TO IMMEDIATELY DISQUALIFY PARTICIPANTS FROM THIS COMPETITION. BY ENTERING THE COMPETITION AND/OR ACCEPTING ANY PRIZE, THE ENTRANTS, USERS AND/OR WINNERS HEREBY INDEMNIFY, RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS THE ORGANISERS (INCLUDING THEIR SUBSIDIARIES, HOLDING COMPANIES AND AFFILIATES), THEIR DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, SUPPLIERS AND CONTRACTORS (THE “ORGANISER PARTIES”) FROM AND AGAINST ANY ACTIONS, CLAIMS AND/OR LIABILITY FOR INJURY, LOSS, DAMAGE, EXPENSE, CLAIM OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND RESULTING IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM PARTICIPATION IN THE COMPETITION, AND/OR THE USE, ACCEPTANCE OR POSSESSION OF A PRIZE, AND/OR PARTICIPATION (OR NON-PARTICIPATION) IN A PRIZE-RELATED ACTIVITY.
Entrants who, in the Organisers’ sole determination, act unlawfully, fraudulently, in breach of these Rules or otherwise dishonestly may be disqualified from participating in the Competition and shall not be eligible to win any prize.
ADDITIONAL TO ANY OTHER RIGHTS CONTAINED IN THE GENERAL PROMOTIONAL COMPETITION RULES, THE ORGANISERS RESERVE THE RIGHT TO TERMINATE THE COMPETITION AT ANY TIME WITH IMMEDIATE EFFECT. IF THIS IS THE CASE, THE ORGANISERS WILL PROVIDE A NOTICE ON THE WEBSITE AND IT SHALL BE THE RESPONSIBILITY OF ENTRANTS TO REVIEW SUCH WEBSITE IN THIS RESPECT. IN SUCH EVENT, ALL ENTRANTS HEREBY WAIVE ANY RIGHTS WHICH THEY MAY HAVE AGAINST ANY OF THE ORGANISER PARTIES AND ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THEY WILL HAVE NO RECOURSE OR CLAIM OF ANY NATURE AGAINST THE ORGANISER PARTIES.
THE ORGANISERS ARE NOT LIABLE FOR ANY TECHNICAL FAILURE THAT MAY RESULT IN AN ENTRY NOT BEING SUCCESSFULLY SUBMITTED. ANY PRIZE IS ACCEPTED BY A WINNER AT HIS/HER OWN RISK AND THE ORGANISERS ARE NOT LIABLE, AT ANY TIME, FOR ANY DEFECT IN THE PRIZE.
The duration of this Competition may also be extended or curtailed at the sole discretion of the Organisers. If this is the case, the Organisers will provide notice of this on the Website. All Competition queries must be directed to Nono Maseko at email@example.com or on 011 467 3065 between 08:00 to 16:00 on weekdays.