Are your customers silently struggling with discomfort?
Comfort issues are a common problem among contact lens wearers,but they may not be telling you about it.3.4
Did you know that among symptomatic wearers:
of contact lens wearers experiencing dryness did not mention it at their eye exam4
of those experiencing end-of-day discomfort did not report it to their eye care professional4*
of contact lens wearers experiencing eye irritation did not mention it during their visit4*
Contact lens wearers believe discomfort is normal, and blame it on the
environment, tired eyes, long days . . . everything but their contact lenses5
*Among contact lens wearers who bought a new supply of the same brand of contact lenses at last eye exam.
More than just a contact lens
Only DAILIES TOTAL1® contact lenses combine exclusive Water Gradient material with proprietary SmarTears™ technology,
so contact lens wearers feel like they’re wearing no lens at all.2
increases water content near
the lens surface, so all that
touches the wearer’s eye is
a cushion of moisture1
intuitively releases phosphatidylcholine (PC),
a natural ingredient designed to stabilize the tear film to prevent tear evaporation.6
A design in harmony with the eye
The unique Water Gradient lens material, exclusive to DAILIES TOTAL1® contact lenses, is designed to work with wearers’ eyes
Water gradient material
• 10x softer than other contact lenses7*
• Outstanding lubricity that lasts as long
as their day, up to 16 hours8-10
• Over 80% water, approaching 100% at the
• Highly biocompatible lens-wearing
• The highest breathability of any daily disposable
contact lens available†
*Compared to 1-DAY Etafilcon A, 1-DAY Narafilcon A, Nesofilcon A, and DAILIES® AquaComfort Plus® contact lenses.
**In vitro measurement of unworn lenses.
†Based on published manufacturer-provided Dk and thickness values in: Tyler’s Quarterly Soft Contact Lens Parameter Guide. June 2016.
^Trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
A smart complement to natural tears
SmarTears™ technology is designed to actively stabilize the tear film
by releasing an ingredient found in natural tears when needed.6
an ingredient found in natural tears
Stabilises the tear film to provide continuous moisture throughout the day13
DAILIES TOTAL1® contact lenses feel as comfortable at the end of the day as they do at the beginning.16
*Percentage of wearers agreeing with the statement “With these lenses, I sometimes forget I have them on.”
††Based on the percentage of wearers agreeing with the statement, “My lenses feel dry at the end of the day.”
Addressing discomfort takes a different kind of contact lens
Get the conversation started with three simple questions
How do your contact lenses feel immediately after you first put them in?
How do they feel just before you take them out?
Do you use contact lens rewetting drops, and if so, how often?
Upgrade your contact lens wearers
DAILES TOTAL1® contact lenses are designed for outstanding comfort
and clear vision.16,7,13,14 With the exclusive Water Gradient material and innovative SmarTears™ technology, wearers feel no lens at all.1,2
DAILIES TOTAL1® — THE LENS THAT FEELS LIKE NOTHING1,2
1. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2013;54:E-abstract 500. 2.Perez-Gomez I, Giles T. European survey of contact lens wearers and eye care professionals on satisfaction with a new water gradient disposable contact lens. Clin Optom. 2014;6:17-23. 3.Nichols JJ,Willcox MDP, Bron AJ, et al. TFOS International Workshop on Contact Lens Discomfort: Executive Summary. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2013;54:TFOS7-TFOS13. 4.Based on a survey of 113 contact lens patients; Alcon data on file, 2006. 5.Alcon data on file, 2016. 6.Pitt, et al. Loading and Release of a Phospholipid From Contact Lenses. Optom Vis Sci. 88(4).2011. 7.Perry SS, Huo S, Rudy A, Angelini TE, Sawyer WG. Tribology Laboratory. Hydrogel modulus measurements; Alcon data on file, 2013. 8.Based on critical coefficient of friction measured by inclined plate method; significance demonstrated at the 0.05 level; Alcon data on file, 2011, 2013. 9.Alcon data on file, 2011. 10.Evaluation of the lubricity of DAILIES TOTAL1® contact lenses after wear; Alcon data on file, 2014. 11.Thekveli S, Qui Y, Kapoor Y, et al. Structure-property relationship of delefilcon A lenses. Cont Lens Anterior Eye. 2012;35(Supp1):e14. 12.In a randomized, double-masked clinical study with 104 patients; Alcon data on file, 2011. 13.Ham BM, Cole RB, Jacob JT. Identification and comparison of the polar phospholipids in normal and dry eye rabbit tears by MALDI-TOF mass spectrometry. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2006;47(8):3330-3338. 14.Belda-Salmerón L, Ferrer-Blasco T, Albarrán-Diego C, Madrid-Costa D, Montés-Micó R. Diurnal variations in visual performance for disposable contact lenses. Optom Vis Sci. 2013;90(7):682-690. 15.Varikooty J, Schulze MM, Dumbleton K, Keir N, Woods CA, Fonn D, Jones LW. Clinical Performance of Three Silicone Hydrogel Daily Disposable Lenses. Optometry and Vision Science. 2015;92(3):301-311. 16.Alcon data on file, 2011. 17.Michaud L, Forcier P. Comparing two different daily disposable lenses for improving discomfort related to contact lens wear. [published online ahead of print November 27, 2015]. Cont Lens Anterior Eye. doi:10.1016/j.clae.2015.11.002. 18.Based on an ongoing survey in Europe of 24 ECPs fitting 280 customers in DAILIES TOTAL1® contact lenses; Alcon data on file, 2012.